How to Apply
- Create an application account on the Graduate Admissions website and login to complete the FIU Master’s Program Online Application
- On the right hand side of the page, you will see “SIGN IN.” If you do not have a password, please click “Create User Account.” Please note your password for future use. After created, use your account (ID and password) to enter the system to complete the application. It takes approximately 15 minutes to complete the application.
- You may complete the online application without entering your TOEFL scores, statement of purpose, and recommendation letters. These documents may be submitted later.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your application is completed.
Please submit the following items with your online application or mail to the address below after completion of the online application.
- A 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a minimum of “B” average in the upper-level (the last 60 credit hours). The applicant whose GPA does not meet the minimum GPA requirement may be considered for conditional admission.
- Official transcript of each previously attended university (undergraduate and graduate) in an envelope sealed by the degree granting institution.
- If an official transcript is not in English, the applicant must obtain two sets of transcripts: one to be submitted to FIU in the original language and the other to be translated by an official translation agency (or certified translator).
- Official proof of degree: a notarized copy of the original diploma is required if the degree is not posted on the official transcripts.
- Official TOEFL (minimum score 550 paper-based, or 213 computer-based, or 80 internet-based) or IELTS (minimum 6.5). It is a requirement for students who attended/graduated universities in non-English speaking countries. Florida International University Institutional code is 5206.
- Statement of purpose: A well-written statement describing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing the Professional MSIT degree at Florida International University.
- Resume: A current resume is required, which may include education, professional training, internship, and employment history (full time and part time employment).
- Three letters of recommendation from employers, faculty, or professional associates.
ATTN: Graduate Admissions
Engineering Dean’s Office
College of Engineering and Computing
Florida International University
10555 W. Flagler Street, EC 2471, Miami, FL 33174